I love Pinterest! Its the best thing since sliced bread. Not really, but almost.
One of the blessings and curses of Pinterest is that it links with your Facebook friends. I’ve been on Facebook for over six years now and have accumulated a variety of friends from all walks of life. I am so thankful for all the people I’ve encountered in my life, but some people just have really poor taste.
Instead of having to deal with a bunch of crafts, pictures of other people’s babies, and dresses I’m never going to wear I’ve set a few rules to who and what I follow. If I wanted to see people’s babies, I’d look at Facebook.
1. Boards that feature photo ideas are unfollowed. I’m not a professional photographer, nor do I regularly hire them for family photo shoots. Photo shoot inspiration pictures do not apply to me and will be quickly unfollowed. I don’t care if it is a cute idea.
2. Crafty crafts. I learned to knit and I’m fairly DIY, but I don’t do crafts. Especially kids crafts. If you post crafts for kids, that board is going to be quickly unfollowed.
3. Boards that feature dresses, be they bridal or bridesmaids or just because. I do not need to see 15 different bridal inspiration photos. (If I still worked in the bridal dress industry I probably would be all over it. I’ve seen enough wedding gowns in my day.)
4. Cute animal pictures. Really? Are we still 5?
5. People that post all of these are immediately unfollowed altogether.
One of the great things about Pinterest is that it can be what you make it. I totally respect the fact that some people like to collect pictures of cute animals and babies, but that’s not what I want to see on my home screen.
What are your rules for Pinterest?