Thanksgiving has come and gone, and before we start to focus on Christmas, I thought we should have a little “how was your Thanksgiving?” discussion time. Recipes tried, recipes to never try again, funny stories, horrible stories, and everything in between.
Our Thanksgiving included:
- This recipe, which is always delicious
- This recipe (using coconut milk and no cheese), which was very tasty but gave me lots of trouble (as in, at least twice the cooking time recommended)
- My father-in-law in town from Shanghai
- A gorgeous, magnificent free range turkey that also took way longer to cook than it should have
- The realization that my oven really can’t handle cooking two things at once (sigh)
- A wonderful meal full of family
- The first married holiday for Josh and I, something we’re so thankful for (collective AWWWW)
- Had my 4 year old nephew turn to me and ask if I had ever come over before. Yeah buddy, pretty much once a week, every week, since the DAY YOU WERE BORN. No biggie.
Next up: CHRISTMAS!!!!