Last night I was cooking dinner (chicken curry) and as my house filled up with the luscious smell of curry I started thinking about my favorite smells. Allyn said this wasn’t too weird to post about, so here goes….
1) Bacon. No need to discuss this further.
2) Curry. I love the smell of curry. This may be one of those personal preference things, but there is something about the smell of it that makes me start salivating. I could eat curry every single day of the year.
3) Lemon garlic rosemary butter sauce. I make it to dip artichoke in or pour over pre-made ravioli. The mixture of the freshness of lemon, the tartness of garlic, and the woodiness of the rosemary is amazing. And yes, there is something floating around Pinterest about heating water with lemon, rosemary, and vanilla. And no, it does not smell as good as when you have garlic and butter in it.
4) Chicken stock simmering on the stove. I swear realtors should start simmering chicken bones in pot of a house they want to sell. Nothing is as comforting as chicken soup when you are sick. Get that feeling anytime by making your own chicken stock.
5) Allyn’s Bolognese sauce. Have you made it yet? Amazing.
6) Lilies. My favorite flower.
7) Fresh basil. I just planted 6 pots worth of basil and am worried it’s not going to be enough.
8) Honeysuckle. True story: a few weeks ago I was at my grandparents house for a family birthday party. My brother and I spotted what we thought was honeysuckle growing over a fence. We ran to start tasting. Sadly it was not honeysuckle.
9) Old Spice. Allyn said her husband, but I’m just going to broaden it out to Old Spice. I love the smell of Old Spice, even before their clever marketing campaigns.
What is your favorite smell? Does anyone else still suck honeysuckle?